A Garden For All To Enjoy
Sit, relax, and enjoy the beauties of nature.
We take pride in stocking a big selection of trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials, tropicals, and house plants that are proven to grow in our area. We also have a wide selection of succulents and air plants.
• repot any plant you purchase from us into a different pot, either one you bring from home or one you purchase from us.
• deliver large plants to your home within a 50 mile radius of our location
• provide assistance in repotting your plants from home for senior citizens, or others with special needs
• host field trips for small groups, whether senior citizens, student groups, or other interested groups
• provide the setting for a picnic beside the pond for any visitors or tour groups
With each purchase we provide a Care Card, which includes extensive information about caring for your new plant. In adition, we have a small library of books available for use onsite, including the Florida gardening series by Tom MacCubbin, an environmental horticulturist who lives and works in Florida. Although we do not have a horticulturist on staff, we do have an agreement for assistance from the horticulturist with IFAS in our local County Extension Office. You may also watch our website for helpful tips for enjoying your gardening experience.
Questions & Answers
I am in a wheelchair. Is the nursery handicap accessible?
Absolutely. In addition to being accessible by wheelchair or walker, there is a golf cart available for use by those with mobility needs.
Where are you located?
We are located at 295 Juniper Lake Road, on the north edge of DeFuniak Springs, Florida, spread out over more than five acres.
How do I care for my new plant?
A feature of Legacy Acres is “Care Cards” with carefully researched information on the care of each plant sold. These cards will be included with each plant purchased.